Sunday, July 11, 2010

Roasted Chicken with The BEST Potato Salad EVER



The other night we had a very American meal, roast chicken and potato salad. You can never go wrong with the classics. I found this potato salad recipe on another fellow food blog called smitten kitchen. I have to say this has got to be one of the best potato salad's I have ever made. I am not a big potato salad person, I will rarely ever eat potato salad from a restaurant. Something about it doesn't sit well with me. I am not going to go into details about the roast chicken because I have posted a couple different roast chicken recipes that are really good, so please refer back to those when making this meal. Lets discuss this phenomenal potato salad, its really easy and can be made ahead.
Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 pounds medium red skinned potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 dill pickle spears coarsely chopped or I used dill relish which worked just as well (about 1/2 cup)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste

Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool, then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pickles, celery, onion, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and dill. Season potato salad with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment